Regional Technology and Innovation Hubs (Tech Hubs)
The Tech Hubs software is an financial growth initiative to drive technological know-how- and innovation-centric progress that leverages current R&D strengths and technology demonstration and deployment capacities (public and non-public) inside a region to catalyze the creation of very good work for American staff at all skill levels equitably and inclusively.
The Tech Hubs system was enacted as component of the CHIPS and Science Act of 2022 (as the Regional Know-how and Innovation Hubs program), and Congress appropriated EDA $500 million for it as component of the FY 2023 Omnibus Appropriations Monthly bill.
This new authority allows EDA to:
- designate Tech Hubs,
- award funding for Tech Hubs approach growth (i.e., arranging and capability constructing), and
- award funding for Tech Hubs tactic implementation (i.e., initiatives),
matter to constraints and targets outlined in detail in the complete text of the statute.
EDA Seeks Input for Tech Hubs Method
On February 14, 2023, EDA issued a Tech Hubs Ask for for Data (RFI) in the Federal Sign-up to solicit general public input about the software style, structure, and analysis of the Tech Hubs system.
By way of this RFI, EDA seeks enter in quite a few areas, together with but not constrained to facts on:
- structuring a Tech Hubs method that will speed up locations evolution into a global chief in an market of the potential that strengthens the region and U.S. financial and national security
- identifying metrics for assessment of productive Tech Hubs
- coming up with a aggressive, inclusive and obtainable assortment procedure for Tech Hub designations that would the two assist critical technological know-how and innovation sectors, as very well as geographic variety and
- determining how federal designations and federal grants can be structured to optimize the ideal impacts of the Tech Hubs software.
Whilst this RFI precisely seeks input on these and other matters, EDA welcomes all responses that stakeholders feel will aid the growth of a robust Tech Hubs method.
Responses are thanks by 5 p.m. Eastern Time on March 16, 2023. Responses may be instantly submitted by using electronic mail to [email protected] with “Tech Hubs RFI” in the topic line. Comprehensive information on responding can be located in the Federal Register.
Press Launch: U.S. Division of Commerce Seeks General public Enter on New Tech Hubs Method
Point Sheet: Tech Hubs (PDF)
FAQ: Tech Hubs and Recompete Pilot Applications